October 27, 2014
1. Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for October 29 and November 5. You can still sign up online through the Parent Powerschool portal! If you have trouble, please contact Mrs. Leonard in Student Services. The time slots are ten minutes each and run 3:40 pm-7:10 pm both days. We are looking forward to see you here!
2. Students took English Acuity tests last week. The State of Indiana has changed the content and format of the tests this year, so your student may be disappointed with his/her score. Please reassure your child that the tests are based on end of year expectations and so we should see the scores improve each time they take the test.
3. Our 8th graders earned over $5600 towards their Washington, DC field trip through candle sales! Our top salesperson brought in over $900!
4. Pre-Season work outs for wrestling will be held after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, beginning November 4.
5. Attachments: Registration form for 2nd Annual Lady Cougar Christmas Volleyball Camp
KidsPlay, Inc. announcement- “C.S.I. Neverland”
Parking lot procedures-The right lane is for a brief drop off and the left lane is for moving traffic. If your child needs longer to gather his/her things, please park in the lot and then walk from there into the building. We want to keep students safe and avoid traffic backups onto Franklin Street.
Indiana’s 21st Century Scholars Program offers income-eligible Hoosier students up to four years of paid tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university after they graduate from high school. Scholars who enroll are connected to programs and resources to help them plan, prepare, and pay for college. 7th and 8th grade Indiana students whose families meet income eligibility guidelines must apply to become a 21st Century Scholar by June 30 of the student’s 8th grade year. You can apply online at www.Scholars.IN.gov
Boxtops-Do you have Boxtops for education laying around? Our Special Education Department is collecting them to raise funds for classroom trips. Please send in your boxtops to the office to help this great group!
Take a minute to sign up your Marsh Fresh Idea card for the Junior High! Your shopping accumulates points for teachers to get classroom supplies. www.freshideasforeducation.com
10/28 Vision Screenings
10/29 Parent Teacher Conferences Day #1
11/5 Parent Teacher Conferences Day #2
11/11 Veteran’s Day Program 9AM (parents and veterans are invited!)
11/26-11/28 Thanksgiving Break- No School
12/19 End of the Semester