$2 per person. If your student is taking band/strings and choir, you do not have to pay twice for admission. Please show ticket stub to door attendant or ticket sellers.
Bands will be performing in the gym at 6:00pm.
Strings & Choirs will be performing in cafeteria
7:30pm- 7th grade choirs
***7th graders and their parents can leave when their grade level concert is over.
8:00pm- 8th grade choirs
*Students must stay through their grade level concert.
2. 8th Grade D.C.-bound students have sold more than $10,000 in Yankee Candles! Online orders can still be place through the end of the semester. Money will be credited in January.
Scholarship applications will be offered to students after Fall Break.
3. Yearbooks can be purchased online here. Yearbooks will also be available to order tonight. Here is the order form if you want to pay by check or cash. Yearbooks are $25 until December 31, and then the cost will go up.
4. Just 5 school days left in the first quarter! Students will be taking quarterly assessments this week. Please encourage your child to study!
5. Parent-Teacher conferences are scheduled for November 1 and 6. Parents can come anytime between 4pm and 7pm and stop by to meet with the teachers. To speak to a teacher, just stop by their table. If that teacher is busy, simply find another teacher on your child’s schedule and meet with them first. This format allows more parents to meet with more teachers, which benefits our students. As a guide, we would like for parents of students with last names A-K to come on November 1 and last names L-Z to come on November 6. If the other day works better for you, come when you can!
6. The Young Hoosier Book Club is forming. Students can sign up in the library with Mrs. Taing by Thursday. Spots are limited.
October 1: Fall Fine Arts Festival
October 8-19: Fall Break
October 23: 7th grade Chicago trip information meeting 7pm
November 1: eLearning Day #2
November 1 and 6: Parent Teacher Conferences, 4-7pm
Events this week:
Tuesday, Oct. 2:
1. Tennis vs. Tiger Tennis — 5:00pm
2. Girls Soccer @ Shelbyville — 5:30pm
Thursday, Oct. 4:
1. 8th grade football vs. New Palestine — 5:30pm
2. 7th grade football @ New Palestine — 5:30pm
3. Boys Soccer @ Muncie Burris — 5:30pm
We will post game cancellations on Twitter. @GCJrHighAP and @GCJHS_principal
Boys Basketball Tryouts will be held after school 10/23-10/25. Athletes must have a physical and RankOne online forms completed in order to tryout.
If you still want to purchase insurance for your child’s MacBook, it will need to be inspected at the time of payment. This can be done during the school day. Insurance costs $50 and has a $40 deductible for each claim.
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You can sign up on our webpage to receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates.
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
Here are the school clubs that have formed so far this year and the staff contact:
Art Club- Mrs. Holden email@example.com
AOK Club- Ms. Waymire firstname.lastname@example.org
Friendship Bracelet Club email@example.com
Prism Club- Miss Flores firstname.lastname@example.org
Robotics Club- Mr. Statzer email@example.com
Spell Bowl- Mr. Jankowski firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Council- Mrs. Greene email@example.com
TV News- Mr. Spencer firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing Club- Mrs. Cary email@example.com
Young Hoosier Book Club- Mrs. Taing firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up at the bottom of our webpage http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School
If you would like to be removed from this email list, please email “Stop” to gcjhs-parents-leave@listserv.