Principal’s Update 10/22/18
I hope that everyone had a great Fall Break!
- November 1st is the next eLearning Day for students. Please log in to PowerSchool and RSVP so we know which students will be coming to school that day.
- Parent Teacher conferences are scheduled for November 1 and 6. Parents can come anytime between 4pm and 7pm and stop by to meet with the teachers. To speak to a teacher, just stop by their table. If that teacher is busy, simply find another teacher on your child’s schedule and meet with them first. This format allows more parents to meet with more teachers, which benefits our students.
- 7th Grade Trip to Chicago information meeting is Tuesday, at 7pm in the cafeteria.
- Under the McKinney-Vento Act, the school corporation is required to send out the residency form to families. The information received will be kept confidential and will be used by the corporation’s McKinney-Vento liaison to assist with outreach to families. We appreciate your time in completing this form. https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/1FAIpQLSeGTIah- xAYP9XIsKU60b8E59Yn- laf2sWAeUWSSpc5R5MNLw/ viewform?usp=sf_link
- GCJHS Pacers night vs the Miami Heat is Friday, November 16. Order forms are available in Student Services, and during lunch. Tickets can be purchased for as little as $12. If you are ordering tickets through the paper brochure, the orders must be turned in by Thursday. Tickets can also be purchased online for a longer period of time.
- 8th Grade D.C. Trip- We anticipate Yankee Candles will be delivered and ready for distribution beginning on November 1.
October 23: 7th grade Chicago trip information meeting 7pm
October 26: Quarter one grades available in PowerSchool after 3pm
October 30: Picture Re-takes
November 1: eLearning Day #2
November 1 and 6: Parent Teacher Conferences, 4-7pm
November 9: Veterans Day Program, 9:30 am
Boys Basketball Tryouts will be held after school 10/23-10/25. Athletes must have a physical and RankOne online forms completed in order to tryout.
- The remaining dates for the eLearning days are November 1 and January 30.
- School days cancelled due to weather will also be eLearning days this year.
- Students can be dropped off to wait outside in the morning. The doors to the building will be open beginning at 8:20 a.m. each day. When the temperatures drop below freezing, students can wait inside beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Breakfast is available to students every school day, at 8:20 a.m.
- Yearbooks for the 2017-18 school year can be ordered for as little as $25 at https://yearbookforever.com/# Search for “Greenfield Junior High School.”
We have multiple ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Website- http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us/ (We just hired our webmaster for the school year, so we hope to have it updated by the end of the week!)
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
Email- You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up on our webpage!
Athletics- Our competition schedule is available here: http://gchscougars.com/ Click on “Junior High.”
Powerschool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. You can customize the dashboard to see only the headings you want to see. We do not calculate GPA at GCJHS and the lunch balance is not compatible with our system, so you can hide those headings.
Here are the school clubs that have formed so far this year and the staff contact:
Art Club- Mrs. Holden [email protected]
AOK Club- Ms. Waymire [email protected]
Builders Club- Mr. Uhl and Mr. Richardville [email protected] [email protected]
Friendship Bracelet Club [email protected]
Prism Club- Miss Flores [email protected]
Robotics Club- Mr. Statzer [email protected]
Spell Bowl- Mr. Jankowski [email protected]
Student Council- Mrs. Greene [email protected]
TV News- Mr. Spencer [email protected]
Writing Club- Mrs. Cary [email protected]
Young Hoosier Book Club- Mrs. Taing [email protected].us
You will receive the GCJHS Parent Newsletter email weekly with news, information, and upcoming important dates. If you talk to someone who is not receiving this weekly email, please have them sign up at the bottom of our webpage http://gcjhs.gcsc.k12.in.us
Have a great week!
Principal, Greenfield Central Junior High School
*If you would like to be removed from this email list, please email “Stop” to [email protected].