Principals Update 9/16/19
Greenfield-Central School Foundation Red Letter Gala
Cross Country/Track Club information
Area 51 Party
- Thanks to everyone who participated in our school-wide fundraiser. Students can still turn in their money envelopes to the office. Students stopped at stations around the track. The first stop was to sign a “Choose Kind” banner, that is now hanging in the cafeteria. They also wrote a positive note to a teacher and then to a classmate. The students did a terrific job! We will continue with the theme of “Choose Kind” throughout the year.
- Mr. Anderson is looking for adult volunteers to help run the various booths for the Reality Store for the Preparing for College and Careers classes. If this sounds like an activity you would like to participate in please reach out to him at email@example.com. It would require your assistance for a full school day. They plan to conduct orientation between 7:30 and 8:00 AM. Lunch will be provided at the Junior High.
- We will be having a 7th-grade choir demonstration concert on Wednesday, Sept. 18 at 6 pm in the cafeteria. The concert should last around 30 minutes. There is no admission for this demonstration concert.
- Students will have a chance to donate to the Imagination Library this week. The goal of Imagination Library is to put books in the hands of young children, birth to 5 years old. Students will be able to donate and put their names on the wall in the cafeteria.
- This week is homecoming at the high school. Our student leaders have established spirit dress-up days for the week.
Tuesday – Sports Day
Wednesday – Country Day
Thursday – Area 51
Friday – Blue and Gold Day
Clubs and Contacts
- Spell Bowl firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yearbook email@example.com
- Acts of Kindness Club (AOK) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Makers Club email@example.com
- Builders Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Buddies email@example.com
- Prism firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Council email@example.com
- Writing Club firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robotics Club email@example.com
- September 18: 7th-grade choir demonstration
- September 19: Area 51 Party (sponsored by Student Council)
- September 26: GCJHS Night at Dairy Queen
- October 21: GCJHS Night at Jim Dandy
- October 26: Run3ForDC 5k Run/Walk
- October 28: Band, Choir and Strings Concert
- October 29: Picture Retakes
- October 29 and November 6: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- November 7: eLearning Day
Here are ways for you to obtain information regarding what’s happening at GCJHS.
Facebook – Greenfield Central Junior High School
PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
Here is the GCJHS Athletics schedule for September 16-21.
Monday, Sept. 16th:
- Cross Country vs. Connersville — 5pm
- Volleyball vs. Connersville — 5:30pm
- Girls Soccer @ Mt. Vernon — 5pm
- Boys Soccer @ Mt. Vernon — 6:15pm
Tuesday, Sept. 17th:
- Tennis @ Heritage Christian — 5:30pm
- 8th Grade
- Football @ Mt. Vernon — 5:30pm
- 7th football vs. Mt. Vernon — 5:30pm
Thursday, Sept. 19th:
- Girls Soccer vs. Heritage Christian — 5:15pm (A Game)
- Girls Soccer vs. Heritage Christian — 6:30pm (B Game)
- Cross Country vs. Stonybrook — 5pm
- Tennis vs. Creston (Boys’ Only) — 5:30pm
- Volleyball @ Morristown — 5:30pm
- Boys Soccer @ Heritage Christian — 5pm
Saturday, Sept. 21st:
- Volleyball @ Shelbyville — 9am
- Tennis @ Eastern Hancock — 9am
- Car rider traffic- Please drop your child off along the curb. In order to keep all students safe during pick up and drop off, we ask that you only park in the parking lot if you plan to come into the building or the traffic has cleared.
- Lunch Menu
- If you would like to bring lunch for your child, please contact the office to reserve a conference room. Students can choose friends to eat in the conference room as well.
- We encourage students to attend athletic events. Any GCJHS student who wears school colors will be admitted for free to our junior high home events.
- We will have two eLearning Days this year, where students will work from home and teachers will keep office hours. The dates are November 7 and February 5. School days canceled due to weather can also be eLearning days. If this occurs, details will be given in the automated phone call.
- Breakfast is available to students every morning before school for $1.75.
Principal, Greenfield-Central Junior High School